Caffeine has been used by humans for a long, long time, and it’s currently the most widely used substance on the earth! In fact, most people enjoy it first thing in the morning in their cup of coffee. There are many different uses of caffeine, and many pros of using it regularly.
When caffeine is consumed in a healthy way, there are many possible benefits it can have for us. Here are some of the biggest ones:
#1 Memory Booster
There’s a reason caffeine is so popular among college students and busy people!
Research has shown it helps enhance memory, especially up to 24 hours after it’s consumed. Plus, consuming caffeine post-studying may help enhance long-term memory consolidation .
#2 Assist Athletic Performance
Caffeine can increase blood levels of adrenaline, the “fight or flight” hormone that gets our bodies ready for physical performance. It also helps break down body fat to be available as energy .
Plus, caffeine combined with carbohydrates may also help increase muscle glycogen, which is important for energy, performance, and better recovery. A study in Journal of Applied Physiology found athletes had 66% more muscle glycogen after consuming carbs and caffeine together post-strenuous workout than other athletes who only consumed carbs .
Here is some more evidence for the benefits of caffeine on athletic performance. Check it out:
- Caffeine has been found to increase muscle activity and torque (rotation) during strength training . In addition, a Spanish study showed athletes who consumed caffeine burned 15% more calories for three hours post-exercise than those taking a placebo.
- In a systematic review of 29 studies on athletic performance and caffeine, 6 out of 11 studies showed caffeine benefits during resistance training and 11 out of 17 studies showed exceptional exercise performance enhancements from taking caffeine .
- Caffeine has been shown to increase enjoyment from exercise plus lead to less consumption of calories after exercise and burning of more calories during it .
- Drinking 2-3 cups’ worth of caffeine one hour pre-workout may help reduce perceived muscle pain, according to University of Illinois scientists.
These are some of the reasons why many athletes and gym-goers will turn to pre-workouts or other quick sources of caffeine to fuel and improve recovery after their exercise—whether it’s cardio, weight lifting, or any other physical activity.
#3 Increases Alertness
Caffeinated coffee has a very beneficial effect on task performance and alertness during the day and night .
Caffeine easily enters the bloodstream and travels to the brain to enhance the firing of neurons, block adenosine (a neurotransmitter that makes us tired), and increase concentration and mental focus.
This is why it’s popular with college students, working adults, athletes, and anyone else who needs to improve their alertness at any time.
Best of all, it’s a natural stimulant that’s easily accessible to everyone!
#4 Supports the Brain
A thriving brain is so important for living a long, healthy life.
When it comes to caffeinated coffee and the brain, there’s good news:
- Some research shows coffee may decrease the risk of developing Parkinson’s disease, even in those who are more genetically inclined to develop it .
- Also, research pulled together at Harvard showed 4-5 cups of coffee per day halved the risk of Parkinson’s disease .
- A moderate level of caffeine consumption also showed reversed memory impairment in mice with Alzheimer’s .
#5 Helps the Sleep Deprived
Although it’s best to aim for a full night’s sleep, sometimes that’s not always possible. Caffeine can be a great backup for those nights when sleep doesn’t come so easily.
A study done on soldiers at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research showed caffeine was helpful for maintaining cognitive function, speeding up reaction time, and improving logical reasoning when getting enough sleep is not possible .
#6 Cures Headaches
Combining 200 mg caffeine with a painkiller has been shown to effectively cure a headache . But that’s not all: caffeine alone can be helpful as a headache cure too.
Caffeine causes constriction of blood vessels that can relieve headache pain. In fact, it’s the reason many painkillers contain caffeine: it makes them 40% more effective!
#7 Fat Burner
Most fat burning supplements contain caffeine, and that’s for a reason: caffeine acts as a natural fat burning aid!
Research has shown caffeine can boost fat burning as much as 29% in lean individuals and 10% in obese people. It may also boost our metabolic rates by 3-11% .
#8 May Lower Diabetes Risk
A 2014 study at Harvard showed those who consumed more coffee over four years had an 11% lower risk of developing type 2 diabetes than those who didn’t increase their coffee drinking.
Other research has shown those who drink the highest amounts of coffee have an even lower risk. In fact, a review of 18 studies totalling over 450,000 people showed a 7% reduced risk of type 2 diabetes with each daily cup of coffee .
#9 Fights Depression
A large Harvard study showed depression risk decreased by 20% for women drinking four or more cups of caffeinated coffee per day . Other small studies in Finland and the United States have shown strong inverse relationships between suicide risk and coffee consumption.
How to Choose the Right Type of Caffeine
When it comes to reaping the benefits of caffeine, the source and dose matters. Some caffeine forms, such as caffeine pills, come with extremely high doses that are harmful or not as effective. Always make sure you are ingesting a safe amount of caffeine yet still getting enough
Our CCL Caffeine inhaler is revolutionizing the way people can safely benefit from caffeine. CCL Caffeine is:
- Super convenient: Easy to take with you anywhere and use at any time. It fits perfectly in a purse, pocket, or gym bag!
- Small dose, big benefit: Unlike other options, our caffeine inhaler actually requires very little caffeine to get the desired effects. This means you avoid any unwanted side effects of caffeine while benefitting from the perfect amount.
- Feel it instantly: You’ll notice the boost right away (versus having to wait 30 minutes or more to feel it). Plus, it wears off in around an hour, making it easy to control the effects as needed. Other types of caffeine stay in your system too long, often leading to jitters or sleep loss.
- Use at any time: CCL Caffeine is perfect for studying, working on something important, late-night driving, and more. Use it any time you really need the boost.
- The healthy alternative: Energy drinks, sodas, and even coffee have downsides. You get high amounts of sugar or other junk along with the caffeine, detracting from its effects and negatively impacting health. Our caffeine inhaler gives you only the good stuff without the bad!
Caffeine has many benefits if it’s used correctly. Try on Amazon here: CCL Caffeine , or you can buy it from our store to earn reward points! Discover the new way to use caffeine smartly and efficiently!